At Visatrek UK Immigration Barristers we aspire to make the experience of preparing for your visa application or appeal simple so that you can achieve your goal within five easy stages from the initial consultation to the final decision.
Stage 1: Initial Consultation
- Following your enquiry, a confidential initial consultation by telephone or online video conference call will be arranged with a specialist Public Access Immigration Barrister;
- During your confidential initial consultation, the specialist Public Access Immigration Barrister will:
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment of your current circumstances;
- Provide a range of visa solutions available;
- Identify the type of application/appeal that should be made;
- Advise on eligibility requirements, visa entitlements, application procedure, application fees and processing times pursuant to the Immigration Rules, Home Office policies and current case law;
- Specify the content and format of supporting documentary evidence;
- Only undertake the case if there exists a reasonable prospect of success (i.e. at least a 50% chance of success).
- You will be advised of a fixed fee for the matter plus disbursements (i.e. Home Office application fees; Immigration Health Surcharge; Immigration Appeal Fees; Electronic Application Bundle etc) and will be offered the choice of either making, on an agreed date, a one-off payment or the first of two instalments (comprising 50% deposit of the total fixed fee);
- In formalising the agreement to instruct your specialist Public Access Immigration Barrister, you will complete and sign documents that provide us authority to act on your behalf.
Stage 2: Opening Client File
- Once you have paid either a one-off payment or the first of two instalments of our fixed fee, your file will be opened, and your specialist Public Access Immigration Barrister will create and share a secure online portal with you for all supporting documents to be uploaded in electronic PDF format;
- Your specialist Public Access Immigration Barrister will also draft and send you the following documents:
- Initial Client Care Letter;
- Case Plan (comprising the following elements):
- Client objectives;
- Compliance with legal or personal deadlines;
- Chronology of Events;
- Summary of the:
- Visa requirements;
- Visa entitlements;
- Visa application/appeal process;
- Visa application/appeal fee(s), TB Test and Immigration Health Surcharge fees;
- Course of action.
- Supporting Documentary Evidence Checklist.
- Your specialist Public Access Immigration Barrister will make arrangements for taking additional information from you or instructions from sponsors, witnesses, instructing expert witnesses etc including advising you on acquiring translation of documents and co-ordination of time sensitive documents such as medical reports, language and/or citizenship test or other requisite documents.
Stage 3: Application/Appeal Preparation
- You will complete the first upload all supporting documents to the secure online portal in the correct PDF format ensuring each document is appropriately titled;
- Your specialist Public Access Immigration Barrister will conduct a comprehensive initial review of supporting documents from the secure online portal by drafting an Index of Supporting Documents in which any missing documents are noted or documents that may need amendment to ensure they are provided in a format that is compliant with Home Office rules and guidance;
- Your specialist Public Access Immigration Barrister will email the draft Index of Supporting Documents to you, after which you will acquire the missing documents or makes amendments to documents to ensure they are compliant with Home Office rules and guidance and will complete the second upload of remaining supporting documents to the secure online portal in the correct PDF format ensuring each document is appropriately titled;
- Your specialist Public Access Immigration Barrister will conduct a final review of all remaining supporting documents from the secure online portal and will finalise the Index of Supporting Documents.
Stage 4: Application/Appeal Submission
- If you have agreed that the fixed fee is to be paid in two instalments, you will pay the second instalment of our fixed fee before submission of the application/ lodging papers for the appeal;
- Your specialist Public Access Immigration Barrister will complete the online application form(s)/Notice and Grounds of Appeal and will draft other pertinent documents including Chronology of Events; Skeleton Argument; Witness Statement(s); a Barrister’s Opinion/letter of representations;
- Your Specialist Public Access Immigration Barrister will arrange for the submission of the online application for leave to enter or for further leave to remain in the UK including online payment for the said application, Immigration Health Surcharge and other optional fees (i.e. Priority Visa Service; Priority Settlement Visa Service etc). If your matter is an appeal, your Specialist Public Access Immigration Barrister will arrange with you to make online payment for Tribunal Appeal Fees;
- For applications, your Specialist Public Access Immigration Barrister will arrange the booking of your biometric enrolment appointment either at the nearest overseas UK Visa Application Centre or at the nearest Visas and Citizenship Service Centre in the UK;
- Your specialist Public Access Immigration Barrister will prepare an Electronic Application/Appeal Bundle that will be shared with you via the secure online portal to download, print and sign off in readiness for your biometric enrolment appointment overseas or in the UK or share it with you in readiness for your appeal hearing. An Electronic Application or Appeal Bundle will include the following documents:
- If applying from overseas you will attend a biometric enrolment appointment at the nearest UK Visa Application Centre and if applying from within the UK, at the nearest Visas and Citizenship Service Centre with all original supporting documents and a copy of the Electronic Application Bundle. At this appointment you will submit all original supporting documentary evidence (which will be returned to you at the end of the appointment) and a copy of the Electronic Application Bundle (which will be electronically scanned during your appointment and returned to you at the end of the appointment);
- Following your biometric enrolment appointment, your specialist Public Access Immigration Barrister will liaise with the immigration authorities or immigration tribunal or higher courts and respond to any queries raised and will monitor the processing of the application/appeal and ensure that the you are provided status updates pertaining to each development that may arise during the application/appeal process.
Stage 5: Application/Appeal Decision
- On receipt of the application result/determination of appeal, your specialist Public Access Immigration Barrister will notify you in writing of the outcome;
- If the application/appeal has been approved/allowed, your specialist Public Access Immigration Barrister will arrange for the issuing of your new visa status by ensuring the correct endorsement is made in your current passport or on your new UK Biometric Residence Permit for leave to enter or further leave to remain in the UK and ensure that this is sent directly to your current home address;
- If your application/appeal is refused/dismissed, your specialist Public Access Immigration Barrister will arrange a confidential consultation by telephone or online video conference call to assess and determine your right to appeal (i.e. arising from an error of law against the determination dismissing the appeal); making an Application for an Administrative Review against a Points Based System decision or submitting a fresh application.